Thursday, February 16, 2017

On Being Creative-Part 4 1,000 Books

I mentioned early that I read close to 1,000 picture books last year. I chose books that I knew I'd love, they were in amazing rhyme, had sweet emotional messages and were beautifully illustrated. But I also chose some that weren't necessarily anything I could picture myself writing. They were edgy, humorous and often boldly and graphically illustrated... and kids love them. Broadening my reading horizons made me much more creative and more willing to try writing in a style I might have steered away from in the past. Thanks to the group who challenged me to do all that reading!!

And here is a TED talk about creativity with a similar lesson Ann Morgan- My Year Reading a Book from Every Country

No comments:

Storystorm 2024 is in the Books!